Terms and Conditions of Booking
Bellair Airport Parking – a business unit of Newcastle Park and Fly Limited - Terms and Conditions of booking
1. References to ‘NPFL’ within these terms and conditions are references to Newcastle Park and Fly Limited. References to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ refer to customers who make bookings, and ‘We’ and ‘Us’ refer to NPFL.
2. NPFL is dedicated to providing customers with the best possible customer experience. If you need to contact us for any reason in relation to your booking, please call our customer contact centre on 0191 2144341 (open 08:00 to 18:30 weekdays and 09:00 to 17:00 weekends) or send an email anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org. NPFL welcomes all customer feedback for consideration in helping us to continuously improve our parking products and improve the overall customer experience.
3. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and apply from the point at which bookings have been placed by you through our websites or through our customer contact centre.
4. Payment for bookings can be made using Credit Card, Visa Debit, MasterCard, American Express, and Switch/Maestro. If your card is declined for whatever reason we reserve the right not to fulfil your booking. No other form of payment is accepted.
5. Prices are calculated per calendar day, based upon the entry and exit dates you provide when making your booking. All prices are quoted in UK Pounds Sterling including VAT. Prices are regularly updated which can result in prices increasing as well as decreasing.
6. During the booking process, we aim to provide as much information about our products as possible. Please read the product information fully to ensure that you choose the most suitable product then complete your booking information in full, including the correct registration details of your vehicle.
7. Once you have booked, we will send a booking reference code and booking confirmation by email, which represents an agreement between you and us, for the services provided. Please read this thoroughly and bring it with you when you come to the airport. The confirmation provides directions and advice on the procedure for arrival at the car park and your return process. Please ensure that you arrive in sufficient time to enable parking your vehicle and reaching the airport terminal in line with airline check-in requirements.
8. Bookings can be amended or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival time in the car park at no charge, using our website ‘Manage my Booking’ function, or alternatively by calling our Customer Service line (0191 2144341). Please note that selected special offers or products may be non-amendable and non-refundable. Amendments to the booking period may incur an additional fee or partial refund to cover the new booking period. Any such fee or refund will be debited or credited at the time of processing.
9. For cancellations within 48 hours of your scheduled arrival time there is a charge of £5.00. Cancellations after the start date of the booking period, arrivals at the car park after the start of the booking period, and departures from the car park before the end of the booking period, will be charged in full.
10. When leaving your vehicle with NPFL, you warrant that at all times while in our custody it shall be in roadworthy condition suitable for driving legally on the public highway, has a valid MOT and vehicle excise duty, does not hold any dangerous toxic or illegal substances, and is properly insured in compliance with relevant UK legislation.
11. If at the end of the parking period the vehicle will not start NPFL may move the vehicle to a suitable location or bay. At the request and risk of the customer a Company employee will make one attempt to start the vehicle using an anti-surge starter pack. Further assistance to start the vehicle will require break down assistance at the expense of the customer. A vehicle which cannot be started must be removed from the car park within 24 hours of the end of the parking period after which the daily parking charge will be applied.
12. Whilst the vehicle is left in our custody, NPFL does not allow customers to arrange with other persons or third parties to access the vehicle for the purposes of repairing, cleaning, servicing, or removing items from the vehicle or arranging removal of the vehicle from site for any reason. NPFL does not allow customers to use the facilities of vehicles fitted with toilets / bathroom facilities / cooking facilities (e.g. camper vans), and does not allow sleeping or spending excessive time in your vehicle whilst parked in our car parks.
13. Should you damage another vehicle or any part of the car parking facility or property you must report this immediately to a member of our staff, providing full details of the incident along with contact and insurance policy details.
14. Abandoned Vehicles will be disposed of in accordance with Airport Byelaws.
15. NPFL does not accept liability for loss of or damage to vehicles arising from events beyond our control, including mechanical or electrical failure, self-locking, or damage by third parties.
16. NPFL does not accept liability for failure to perform our obligations due to occurrence of events beyond our control, including but not limited to fire, adverse weather conditions, atmospheric pollution, war or terrorism, natural disaster, volcanic eruption / ash cloud, government regulations, closure or congestion of airports, or cancellation or changes to airline scheduled arrival / departure times.
17. NPFL does not accept liability, other than for legal liability arising out of the negligence of the Company, for death or bodily injury to third parties, or loss or damage to third party property.
18. Our Terms and Conditions of parking do not affect your Statutory Rights as a Consumer.
19. In addition to clauses 1 to 18, the following clauses 19.1 to 19.5 are applicable specifically to Long Stay, Medium Stay, and Short Stay products.
19.1 Customers should ensure arrival in the correct car park in sufficient time to complete the parking and transfer process and ensure arrival at airport check-in within the time limits specified by your airline. We recommend that you arrive at the car park 30 minutes prior to your designated check-in time. Under no circumstances will NPFL accept liability for a customer missing a flight.
19.2 Customers should allow sufficient time to: -
• Adhere to site traffic rules and signage
• Drive carefully and responsibly, and park your vehicle responsibly in allocated bays.
• Apply the vehicle handbrake and engage any steering lock.
• Remove all valuables from the vehicle
• Lock the vehicle securely, fully close all windows, and apply any alarm or immobiliser
• Co-ordinate the transfer of vehicle passengers and luggage between your vehicle / courtesy bus transfer (if applicable) / airport terminal and upon return, co-ordinate the transfer of vehicle passengers and luggage between the airport / courtesy bus transfer and vehicle.
• Properly supervise and accompany any children or animals at all times.
19.3 Vehicles are parked at the vehicle owner's risk. No liability is accepted for loss or damage unless it is proved to be caused by the negligence of the Company. Damage claims cannot be considered unless reported prior to departure from the car park. If your vehicle is damaged within or stolen from our Car Park or any of your possessions stolen, you must immediately inform a member of our staff.
19.4 Customers must not leave any person or animal within the vehicle.
19.5 Should you encounter any difficulties whilst in our car parks please call us via the bus shelter telephones located in the Long Term car park, or via any help point button located at an entry / exit points or payment machines. Alternatively, visit our Customer Services Office located at the exit to the Long Stay car park, which is open 24hrs/day, and can be contacted on 0191 2144022.
20. In addition to clauses 1 to 19, the following clauses 20.1 to 20.4 are applicable to Courtesy Parking Products (Park and Fly, Meet and Greet, Bellair, Callerton).
20.1 Customers should ensure arrival in the correct car park in sufficient time to complete the parking and transfer process and ensure arrival at airport check-in within the time limits specified by your airline. We recommend that you arrive at the car park 30 minutes prior to your designated check-in time. Under no circumstances will NPFL accept liability for a customer missing a flight.
20.2 Customers should allow sufficient time to: -
• Adhere to site traffic rules and park your vehicle responsibly in allocated bays.
• Remove all valuables from the vehicle, and not leave any person or animal within the vehicle.
• Complete the car park check in process including the customer participating in a joint inspection of the exterior of the vehicle only. Should the customer choose not to participate, the inspection will be undertaken by NPFL on behalf of the customer.
• Remove personal key fobs and non-vehicle related keys from the vehicle key fob. NPFL will not accept liability for claims purporting the loss of such items.
• Co-ordinate the transfer of vehicle passengers and luggage between vehicle / minibus transfer / airport terminal, and upon return, co-ordinate the transfer of vehicle passengers and luggage between the airport / minibus transfer and vehicle.
• Inform NPFL of any vehicle modification (including any for disabled use) that might affect normal handling operation, and of any immobilisers and special safety / security features fitted to the vehicle.
20.3 In exceptional circumstances or periods of peak demand, your vehicle may be relocated and stored in other secure airport owned locations, either on the airport site or in close proximity to the airport. For valeting services your vehicle will be taken to an off-site location within 1 mile of the airport.
20.4 Upon return the customer should inspect their vehicle before leaving site. Any concerns should be highlighted prior to leaving site, as any claims for damage or loss from vehicles will not be considered if NPFL is not informed prior to the customer leaving site.
21. Lounge bookings are subject to availability and to the current terms and conditions of the service provider, full details of which are available on request. Lounge cancellation terms may differ from the above.
22. Security Fast Track bookings - you are responsible for ensuring that you arrive at the Security search area in adequate time to clear security and proceed to the departure gates prior to your flight. NPFL does not accept liability should you miss your flight. NPFL cannot guarantee the speed of the service through the Security Fast Track lane as this will vary according to customer throughput patterns.